Standard Reverse Osmosis Membranes send 3-4 gallons of water to the drain for each gallon of purified water produced. The new Pentair GRO Membranes have a 1 to 1 ratio on purified water to rejected water.
Pentair TLC Residential Membranes use an industry leading state-of-the-art TLC (Thin Layer Composite) membrane providing high quality water for a broad range of water chemistries. Each membrane is required to meet our factory's strict performance requirements prior to shipment.
- Double the recovery over standard reverse osmosis elements
- Rejection performance comparable to standard reverse osmosis elements
- High rejection stability at high input TDS
- TLC Thin Layer Composite membrane
- 100% dry membrane maximizing shelf life
Flow* GPD (LPD)
(*Nominal performances are based on a 500 ppm softened tap at 65 psig (4.48 bar), 77°F (25°C), 15% recovery after 24 hours. Individual element flux may vary +/- 15%.)
- Maximum Pressure: 125 PSI (6.90 bar)
- Maximum Temperature: 120°F (49°C)
- pH: 4-11
- Free Chlorine: 0.1 ppm
Filters and membrane elements are not to be installed on microbiologically unsafe water
supplies. TLC Membranes are not certified to sanitize water, remove cysts, bacteria, or viruses.
Filter and membrane element performance can be affected by fluctuations in water quality.
To upgrade your RO system to the new Pentair GRO Membrane, you will need to install a new Drain Line Flow Restrictor that is compatible with the new membrane. If a new flow restrictor is not installed all water will go to the drain and none will be produced as purified water.