Harmsco HP Hurricane filters provide unsurpassed performance. Our unique design separates dense solids prior to cartridge filtration for extended filter life, increased dirt holding capacity and reduced maintenance costs. Certified to ANSI-NSF 61
Liquid enters the housing tangentially to induce rotational flow and centrifugal action for particle separation.
Outer Chamber For Particle
Separation Centrifugal separation occurs in the filter’s outer chamber by rotational flow and centrifugal force. Heavy solids accumulate at the bottom of the filter’s outer chamber which may be purged manually or automatically.
Side Drain for Purge
In heavy solids applications, manual or automatic valves may be used to purge solids from the outer chamber to extend cartridge performance.
No Air Entrapment
Designed with the standpipe opening at the top of the cartridge, air is self-purged and 100% of the media surface area is utilized for filtration throughout the life of the cartridge.
Inner Chamber For Cartridge Filtration
Liquid flows from the outer chamber to an inner chamber containing the filter cartridge(s). After the liquid is filtered, it continues to flow to the top of the standpipe and forced downward exiting the housing through the outlet.
Our patented upflow of liquid prevents bypass of dirty liquid to the clean liquid chamber during filtration and upon cartridge change out.
- Commercial/Residential Drinking Water
- Cooling Tower Filtration
- Desalination Pre-filtration (coated option)
- Surface Water Treatment Rule (SWTR) LT2
- Process Water
- Whole House Filtration
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Reverse Osmosis Pre-filtration
- Small Community Compliance LT2
- Well Water
- Ground Water Remediation
- Ground Water Under Direct Influence (GUDI)
- Combination cyclone separator and cartridge filter in a single compact design
- Patented Up-flow design with tangential entry – prevents air entrapment
- Rotational flow “flutters” media pleats – improving loading performance
- Electropolished 304 or 316L stainless steel housing
- Fail-Safe lid closure, rated for 150 psi
- Three sizes for greater media surface area
- CPVC standpipe (standard) – stainless steel optional
- Largest selection available of cartridge micron ratings and media, including carbon block
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Listed
- Electropolished 304 or 316L stainless steel
- Temperature – 140°F (60°C) max. Up to 250°F (121°C) with optional stainless steel standpipe and high temperature cartridges installed
- Pressure – 150 psi (10 bar) max.
- Wing nuts – brass
- Rim gaskets – EPDM (Buna-N, Viton available)
- BSTP optional