The Sterilight® Platinum™ "SP" series covers a range of flows up to 60 gpm depending on the specific fluence (dose) required. A total of eight systems are available and cover point-of-use or high-flow point-of-entry applications. Whatever your disinfection requirements may be, Sterilight's "SP" Platinum systems have you covered.
Applications include private wells, camp grounds, hotels, bottlers, aquaculture, hospitals, food, cottages, restaurants, breweries, water systems, laboratories, marine, pharmaceutical, dairies and many other applications.
Sterilight® UV Systems Warranty:
- 7-Year Warranty on the Stainless Steel UV Reactor
- 1-Year Warranty on UV lamps, quartz sleeves and sensor
- 5-Year Pro-rated Warranty on all other components
- 56.8 L/min (15.0 gpm) capacity (dose 30mJ/cm2)
- Sterilume-HO UV lamps
- Optional solenoid available
- Easy lamp replacement without having to disconnect the water supply
- Visual lamp-on indicators and audible lamp failure indicator
- Optional Y cable to provide connection to a remote monitoring system
- Seven year warranty on reactor chamber for unparalleled protection
- Polished 304 L stainless reactor chamber
- Maximum UV output with the highest quality quartz sleeve
- 3/4" FPT & 1" MPT connections for quick and easy installation
- 99.99% destruction of bacteria, virus and protozoan cysts (Giardia Lamblia and Cryptosporidium) at rated flow
- Nature's way to protect your water without the addition of harmful chemicals
- Open end quartz sleeve and aluminum gland nuts for optimum operating temperature and sealing efficiency
Sizing Your System
The UV dose delivered by a given reactor is dependent on many factors, including water quality and flow rate. NSF/ANSI Standard 55 requires that the UV system deliver a minimum UV fluence of 40 mJ/cm2 at the alarm set-point. The accompanying graph shows how the delivered fluence will be affected at varying UV transmittance levels.
It is strongly recommended (by all UV manufacturers) for maximum efficiency of your UV Sterilization, that you pre-filter your water with a 5 Micron sediment cartridge.
Do not connect plastic pipe or tubing directly to the UV system because the UV light will break down plastic over time. The best way to make the connection is with Dielectric Unions that allow for a connection from stainless steel to copper, that will not corrode.