A highly porous adsorbent material, produced by heating organic matter, such as coal, wood and coconut shell, in the absence of air, which is then crushed into granules. Activated carbon is positively charged and therefore able to remove negative ions from the water such as ozone, chlorine, fluorides and dissolved organic solutes by absorption onto the activated carbon. The coconut shell carbon must be replaced periodically as it may become saturated and unable to absorb.
Features and Benefits
- 2.0 cu. ft. Bag Premium Quality Coconut Shell Activated Carbon.
- Carbon is made in Sri Lanka from coconut shells.
- It is widely believed that Coconut Shell Carbon imparts a slightly sweet taste in water.
- Coconut Shell Carbon is considered a premium carbon compared to coal based carbons.
- Ideal for Chlorine Removal in Whole House Filtration applications.
- 8 X 30 Mesh Size
- Net Weight: 55 lbs.
- Click here to see media/tank size comparison chart to see how much you will need.